L+M Development Partners Inc., an established residential developer/builder, has an excellent opportunity for a Construction Project Manager who will have the overall responsibility of administering projects from beginning to end including preconstruction (budget, schedule, and constructability review), procurement of subcontractors, and construction as well as the financial and safety aspects on a project.
Areas of Responsibility and Job Requirements:
- Provide leadership to the project team and ensuring project completion within budget, schedule and conformance with design documents.
- Develop and execute the bidding strategy with the Project Executive, including development of the project scope, schedule, and leveling, negotiating, and awarding each trade.
- Develop a logistics plan with the superintendent so that the subcontractors complete their work efficiently, in a well-planned and coordinated way.
- Mange the project team onsite and establish priorities.
- Review all subcontracts, purchase orders, and requisitions, and recommend for approval.
- Establish regularly scheduled meetings with the development, subcontractors, and design team to review shop drawing preparation / approval, equipment / material lead times and required on-site dates, manpower projections and the project schedule, quality / performance issues on and offsite.
- Monitor contractor/vendor pending costs as reported.
- Reviews and approves all project forecasts, schedules, cost estimates, financial reports. Ensure that Development is appraised of all deviations from the project deliverables, schedule, and budget, if applicable.
- Obtain approvals for changes to the project that have been generated by the project team.
- Manage the DOB TCO / FCO process. Obtain final acceptance of the work, and signoff for the completed project by governing authorities (DOB, DEP, etc.).
- Prepare the monthly Project Budget Report.
- Meet with the architect and bank / lending institution to review overall project and ensure timely payment of monthly requisition.
- Ensure timely closeout of the subcontracts.
- Knowledge of construction, engineering, procurement, industry standards and other project-related activities, their interfaces and interdependencies.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of New York City building codes as well as ADA standards.
- Responsible for overall safety program and related execution in the field. Strong knowledge of safety compliance including federal, state, and local safety codes.
- Displays strong fact finding abilities and follows through to resolve issues.
- Determines the priority of assignments based on critical deadlines that must be met.
- Ability and willingness to make sound decisions and overcome obstacles.
- Recognizes when problems exist and evaluates the facts in order to resolve issues efficiently. Seeks assistance from supervisor when necessary.
- Displays leadership abilities and maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to delegate work with proper instruction and authority to complete tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships.
- Develops and trains subordinates.
Preferred Background and Skills:
- MS Word, Excel and Project are required.
- AutoCAD is recommended.
- Bachelor degree is required. Degree in engineering, architecture, or construction management is preferred.
- MS Word, Excel, and Project are required.
- AutoCAD is recommended.
Years of Industry Experience Required:
- 8+ years’ broad residential experience with knowledge of high rise building including steel structures, concrete superstructures, and MEP systems.
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
L+M brings a superior level of commitment to its investments in developments, and equally important, to its investment in people.