L+M Builders Group, an established residential developer/builder, has an excellent opportunity for a Purchasing Agent to prepare bid documents, evaluate bids, and recommend the most qualified bidder for award, within an area of responsibility. Candidate must be able to work well on a team and independently.
Since its inception in 1984, L+M Development Partners, Inc. has been an innovator in developing quality affordable, mixed-income and market rate housing, while improving the neighborhoods in which it works.
A full-service firm, L+M works from conception to completion, handling development, investment, construction and management with creativity that leads the industry. L+M is responsible for more than $4 billion in development, construction and investment, and has created or preserved more than 15,000 high-quality residential units in New York’s tristate area, the West Coast and Gulf Coast regions. Community leaders, government officials and institutional investor organizations turn to L+M because of its consistent track record of excellence.
A double bottom line company, L+M measures its success not only in financial returns but also by the positive impact it makes. L+M takes pride in its long-standing dedication to the communities it serves, demonstrated through an annual scholarship fund, job training programs, after-school programs, and substantial support for local nonprofits.
L+M brings a superior level of commitment to its investments in developments, and equally important, to its investment in people. For more information, please visit: http://lmdevpartners.com.
Areas of Responsibilities & Job Requirements:
- Prepare project bidders lists for distribution and approval.
- Prepare bid documents in conjunctions with field staff.
- Review questions with bidders, obtain answers and clarifications from architect and distribute to bidders.
- Conduct scope meetings with bidders and prepare bid leveling analysis to ensure all bidders are basing their bids on equal scopes of work.
- Assist in preparing contract documents including the scope of work exhibit.
- Review technical and logistical aspects of a project.
- Assist with prequalification of subcontractors and vendors.
- Understanding of construction practices and documents (e.g. plans and specifications) with the ability to incorporate knowledge into the development of contractor scopes of work.
- Willingness to learn.
- Must be willing and able to communicate effectively to the project team and also with subcontractors, vendors, and design consultants.
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task while being detail oriented and organized.
- Prior construction experience and familiarity with construction terminology.
- Recognizes when problems exist and evaluates the facts in order to resolve issues efficiently. Seeks assistance from supervisor when necessary.
- Determines the priority of assignments based on critical deadlines that must be met.
- Knowledge of safety compliance including federal, state, and local safety codes.
- Maintain positive attitude and demonstrates sound judgment in making decisions.
- Follows through with tasks until they are completed
- Experience with multi-unit residential construction as well as preservation projects is recommended.
- MS Word, Excel, and Project are required.
- AutoCAD and MS Project are recommended
- Bachelor degree is required. Degree in engineering, architecture, or construction management is preferred.
Years of Industry Experience Required:
- 5+ years
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.