Senior Project Manager
L+M Builders Group, an established residential developer/builder, has an excellent opportunity for an excellent opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to manage multiple projects from beginning to end including preconstruction (budget, schedule, and constructability review), procurement of contractors, and construction as well as the financial and safety aspects on the projects. The Senior Project Manager will primarily support L&Ms Workforce Housing Fund and work closely with internal Departments including Builders, Investment, Asset Management, Retail, and Property Management.
The projects will involve existing multi-family affordable and market rate residential buildings as well as commercial spaces in New York and New Jersey.
Since its inception in 1984, L+M Development Partners, Inc. has been an innovator in developing quality affordable, mixed-income and market rate housing, while improving the neighborhoods in which it works.
A full-service firm, L+M works from conception to completion, handling development, investment, construction and management with creativity that leads the industry. L+M is responsible for more than $4 billion in development, construction and investment, and has created or preserved more than 15,000 high-quality residential units in New York’s tristate area, the West Coast and Gulf Coast regions. Community leaders, government officials and institutional investor organizations turn to L+M because of its consistent track record of excellence.
A double bottom line company, L+M measures its success not only in financial returns but also by the positive impact it makes. L+M takes pride in its long-standing dedication to the communities it serves, demonstrated through an annual scholarship fund, job training programs, after-school programs, and substantial support for local nonprofits.
L+M brings a superior level of commitment to its investments in developments, and equally important, to its investment in people. For more information, please visit: http://lmdevpartners.com.
Areas of Responsibilities & Job Requirements:
- Broad residential and commercial experience with knowledge of interior renovations, exterior work (e.g. roofing, facades, windows), and upgrades to building systems (e.g. boiler rooms, switch gear, and plumbing).
- Provide leadership to the project team and ensuring project completion within budget, schedule and conformance with design documents.
- Develop and execute the bidding strategy with the Project Executive, including development of the project scope, schedule, and leveling, negotiating, and awarding general contractor and/or trade contractors.
- Develop a logistics plan so that the contractors complete their work efficiently, in a well-planned and coordinated way.
- Mange the project team onsite and establish priorities.
- Review and approve contracts, purchase orders, and requisitions for contractors and designers, as well as tenant leases.
- Establish regularly scheduled meetings with the development, subcontractors, and design team to review shop drawing preparation / approval, equipment / material lead times and required on-site dates, manpower projections and the project schedule, quality / performance issues on and offsite.
- Monitor contractor/vendor pending costs as reported.
- Reviews and approves all project forecasts, schedules, cost estimates, financial reports. Ensure that Development is appraised of all deviations from the project deliverables, schedule, and budget, if applicable.
- Obtain approvals for changes to the project that have been generated by the project team.
- Manage the DOB TCO / FCO process. Obtain final acceptance of the work, and signoff for the completed project by governing authorities (DOB, DEP, etc.).
- Prepare the monthly budget report, staffing charts, and projections for each projecct.
- Meet with the architect and bank / lending institution to review overall project and ensure timely payment of monthly requisition.
- Ensure timely closeout of contracts and tenant work.
- Knowledge of construction, engineering, procurement, industry standards and other project-related activities, their interfaces and interdependencies.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of local, city, and state building codes in New York and New Jersey as well as ADA standards.
- Responsible for overall safety program and related execution in the field. Strong knowledge of safety compliance including federal, state, and local safety codes.
- Displays strong fact-finding abilities and follows through to resolve issues.
- Determines the priority of assignments based on critical deadlines that must be met.
- Ability and willingness to make sound decisions and overcome obstacles as well as to escalate to supervisor when applicable.
- Recognizes when problems exist and evaluates the facts to resolve issues efficiently. Seeks assistance from supervisor when necessary.
- Displays leadership abilities and maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to delegate work with proper instruction and authority to complete tasks.
- Candidate must be able to work well on a team and independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships.
- Develops and trains subordinates.
- MS Word, Excel, and Project are required.
- Bachelor degree is required
- Degree in engineering, architecture, or construction management is preferred
Years of Industry Experience Required:
- 10+ years’ experience
Building Type Requirements:
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.