LMDP – Senior Staff Attorney
Salary Range: $200,000.00 to 240,000.00 annually
L+M Development Partners LLC, an established developer, builder and operator of residential and mixed use communities, has an excellent opportunity for a Senior Staff Attorney to provide legal support and strategic advice in connection with all aspects of L+M’s projects and internal organization. Candidate must have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Areas of Responsibilities & Job Requirements:
Must have the ability to independently review, draft, negotiate and coordinate the consummation and closing of:
- Commercial leasing transactions, including retail, office and long term ground leases. Any candidate must have significant leasing experience—this position will require a particular focus on the needs of L+M’s retail team;
- purchase and sale agreements;
- loan documentation;
- joint venture and other organizational documentation and agreements (including joint ventures and other institutional investment vehicles); and
- licenses, consulting agreements and procurement contracts.
Experience and ability with the following are not required, but would be a plus:
- construction financing;
- affordable housing regulatory structures and agreements;
- affordable housing financings (low income housing tax credits, tax-exempt bond loans, etc.);
- real property tax abatement agreements;
- property management agreements; and
- private equity fund formation and administration.
The person in this position should have the ability to:
- Supervise outside counsel with respect to leasing, acquisition, financing and joint venture matters;
- Provide expert legal advice and counsel to the Company on all real estate matters and general legal issues;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong work ethic;
- Work seamlessly with business people in various departments, in-house attorneys, and outside counsel;
- Must be able to advise senior executives, project, development and asset managers and personnel on a proactive and ad hoc basis in response to ‘on the ground’ situations; and
- Assist in Company-wide administrative, governance and quality control matters.
- Law degree from an accredited law school
Years of Industry Experience Required:
- A minimum of 5-10 years of extensive commercial real estate leasing, acquisition and financing law experience. Additional years of experience would also be a plus.
Since its inception in 1984, L+M Development Partners has been an innovator in developing quality affordable, mixed-income and market rate housing, while improving the neighborhoods in which it works.
A full-service firm, L+M is a full-service real estate development firm which develops, invests, constructs and manages properties with industry-leading innovation. L+M is responsible for more than $10 billion in development, construction and investment, and has created or preserved nearly 40,000 high-quality residential units in a variety of urban markets nationwide, primarily in New York’s tristate area. Community leaders, government officials and institutional investor organizations turn to L+M because of its consistent track record of excellence.
L+M is a double bottom line company, where its success is measured not only in financial returns but also by the positive impact it makes; L+M takes its commitment to its mission, vision and values extremely seriously. L+M takes pride in its long-standing dedication to the communities it serves, demonstrated through annual scholarship funds, job training programs and youth internship opportunities, after-school programs, and substantial support for local nonprofits.
L+M brings a superior level of commitment to its investments in developments, and equally important, to its investment in people. For more information, please visit: https://lmdevpartners.com.
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits and tremendous potential with a growing residentially focused real estate developer/builder organization.