L+M Development Partners, an established residential developer/builder, has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Superintendent to organize and direct construction activities within an assigned area of responsibility to ensure jobsite operations are in compliance with the contract documents, schedule, quality standards, safety standards, and budget amid an informal yet intense entrepreneurial environment.
Areas of Responsibilities & Job Requirements:
- Manages onsite activities and administers contractual activities of subcontractors and vendors.
- Prepares reports and forecasts, as required, and keeps supervisors informed on progress of assigned activities.
- Implements procedures to ensure construction operations are continuously adhering to the contract documents, schedule, quality standards, and budget.
- Prepares daily construction reports and incident reports.
- Must communicate effectively to all project participants including strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Understanding of all phases of construction operations including engineering disciplines, means and methods, and field management.
- Analyze and develop details per the contract documents and where required, produce new methods to implement the work such as work performed out of sequence and/or simultaneously.
- Verify completion of work orders in the field.
- Ensures safety standards and requirements are implemented and adhered to and that tools and equipment are in safe condition and operated safely.
- Strong knowledge of safety compliance including federal, state, and local safety codes.
- Recognizes when problems exist and evaluates the facts in order to resolve issues efficiently. Seeks assistance from supervisor when necessary.
- Maintain positive attitude towards field work and demonstrates sound judgment in making field decisions.
- Determines the priority of assignments based on critical deadlines that must be met.
- Ability to work independently.
- Develops and trains subordinates.
- Bachelor degree preferred in engineering, architecture, or construction management; or equivalent work experience with high school or vocational degree.
Preferred Background and Skills:
- MS Word and Excel are required.
- AutoCAD is recommended
Years of Industry Experience Required:
- 5+ years
Since its inception in 1984, L+M Development Partners Inc. has been an innovator in developing quality affordable, mixed-income and market-rate housing, while improving the neighborhoods in which it works. A full-service firm, L+M works from conception to completion, handling development, investment, construction and management with creativity that leads the industry. L+M is responsible for approximately $10 billion in development and investment, and has acquired, built or preserved nearly 35,000 high-quality residential units in New York’s tristate area, Washington, D.C., the West Coast and Gulf Coast regions. Community leaders, government officials and institutional investors turn to L+M because of its consistent track record of excellence.
L+M is a double bottom line company, where its success is measured not only in financial returns but also by positive impacts. L+M takes pride in its long-standing partnership with the communities it serves, demonstrated through an annual scholarship fund, workforce development programs, after-school programs, and substantial support for local nonprofits. L+M brings a superior level of commitment to its investments in developments, and equally important, to its investment in people. For more information, please visit: http://lmdevpartners.com.
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.