Supplier and Workforce Diversity Manager
L+M Development Partners Inc., an established residential developer/builder, has an excellent opportunity for a Supplier and Workforce Diversity Manager within our Workforce and Contractor Diversity Team. The WCD team strives for excellence by going above and beyond to foster positive change by:
- Driving key wins for the company like awarding over $250M to more than 200 M/WBE contractors and hiring over 500 local residents over the past 3 years across the portfolio.
- Supporting our reputation as an industry leader, subject matter expert, and influencer, to internal and external stakeholders.
- Partnering with agencies and other developers to share best practices and inform contracting and workforce policies,
We are looking for a dynamic project manager who is committed to our company mission and values. The ideal candidate can manage multiple projects simultaneously to develop and implement strategies to facilitate contracting opportunities for minority, women, local, and disadvantaged business enterprises (M/WBEs) during the design and construction phases of our projects. Reporting to the Director of WCD, the Project Manager manages employment opportunities for minority, women, local and disadvantaged residents during the construction phase at L+M jobsites. Ensure compliance with city, state, and federal programs including program requirements. Oversee third party workforce and contracting consultants as well as organize and host contracting and workforce outreach events and perform all related follow-up. Collaborate with our Development, Construction, Property Management, Community Affairs, and Community Investment teams to:
- Negotiate and set achievable goals based on past performance data,
- Create a collective teamwork environment to implement goals successfully as well as work independently,
- Stay abreast of M/WBE and workforce policy changes to mitigate company risk, and
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to carry out our mission on every project to build stronger communities.
- Engage in the development and execution of the vision and strategies of the WCD team.
Key skills to be successful in this position are communicating, strategic thinking, organizing, multi-tasking/attention to detail. If you enjoy working in a collaborative team environment and have a history of managing successful projects with measurable results, then L+M is the right place for you.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Collaborate with workforce partners and contractors to source and place workers. Monitor progress and submit reporting timely to relevant city, state, and federal agencies.
- Prepare and reforecast workforce hiring plans, compare against badging data with CRM data.
- Confirm contractor compliance with Davis Bacon prevailing wage and utilize software to monitor payroll, when applicable.
- Forecast and update utilization plans for each project in compliance with agency and/or company requirements.
- Evaluate new M/WBE vendors for potential contracting opportunities.
- Support M/WBE vendors to ensure they are set up for success during the scope of their contract.
We’ve identified a set of core competencies which you’ll need to thrive within the team:
- Communication and relationship Building- Ability to communicate, collaborate and build relationships with many different types of people within and outside the company
- Strategic Thinking – Ability to see the big picture, develop a strategy and outline the tactics to accomplish the strategy.
- Multi-tasking – Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Attention to Detail – Ability to maintain efficiency, reduce the chance of errors as you work and think through fine points of any given project or tasking order to increase productivity.
- Organizational – Ability to easily locate historical information which is easy for others to find as well.
- Proactively provide content to the Communications team for the website and intranet regarding contracting and workforce achievements around creating opportunities for individuals, families, communities, and projects.
Preferred Background & Skills:
- Knowledge of NYC, NYS, NJS, and/or HUD contracting, and workforce programs (processes, goals, and protocols) is helpful. Ability to learn programs in other jurisdictions as needed.
- Knowledge of the development project life cycle during design and/or construction phases is helpful.
- Strong planning and organizational abilities, developing plans to deliver against goals. Proactively monitors progress and adjusts as necessary.
- Active listening and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, make decisions, and take action.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Microsoft Outlook
- Experience with CRM, project management, and/or accounting systems is preferred.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 3+ years of project management experience.
- Experience managing workforce and/or M/WBE contracting goals and reporting is preferred.
- Experience working in a development, construction, and/or government agency is preferred.
- Must be able to travel (10% of the time within local/tri-state area and less than 10% domestic travel may be required).
At L+M Development Partners, working together to build stronger communities is our mission. Our “double bottom line” philosophy means that we measure success not only in financial returns but also by the positive impacts we make in the communities we serve.
Founded in 1984, L+M is a full-service real estate development firm which develops, invests, constructs, and manages properties with industry-leading innovation. Most recently ranked #17 on Affordable Housing Finance’s Top 50 Developers list nationwide, L+M is responsible for approximately $10 billion in development and investment, and has acquired, built, or preserved nearly 35,000 high-quality residential units in New York’s tristate area, Washington, D.C., the West Coast and Gulf Coast regions.
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.