L+M Development Partners an established real estate development company with a focus in affordable housing has an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to plan, underwrite, and execute complex residential/mixed-use development projects amid an informal yet intense entrepreneurial environment.
Since 1984, L+M has been a leader and innovator in multifamily and mixed-use development, having built or invested in over 15,000 units of high-quality affordable and market rate housing in the New York region. Today, L+M is an integrated organization with affiliated companies in development, construction, and management. This breadth of in-house expertise provides us with an exceptional degree of control – translating to unsurpassed quality and efficiency in every new venture.
From affordable housing to luxury condominiums, we bring the same level of commitment, creativity and integrity to everything we do. We are seeking strong project manager candidates to join the L+M team as we grow and expand our business in the years ahead.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead one or two projects in different phases under the supervision of a Development Director.
- Assemble and manage a multidisciplinary development team (internal and external) from inception to stabilization.
- Review zoning studies and other due diligence to evaluate project feasibility.
- Respond to city and state RFP’s for development sites.
- Strategize and obtain entitlements (e.g. manage ULURP, meet with government and community stakeholders, etc.)
- Negotiate complex project documents with partners, lenders, government entities.
- Maintain in-depth focus on project feasibility, budget, and schedule.
- Initiate the marketing process and oversee the lease up and stabilization of new buildings.
- Convert projects to permanent financing upon completion.
Preferred Background and Skills:
- 3-5 years of real estate development experience, specifically with affordable housing preservation or new construction in the New York metro area.
- Self-motivated and proactive with an established track record of getting things done effectively and independently. Capacity to create/sustain project momentum over months and years.
- A team player, able to work in an entrepreneurial environment and balance multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Very strong financial modeling and quantitative skills (expertise in Excel is required).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral & written).
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong working knowledge of New York neighborhoods.
- Experience with City and State-sponsored housing programs (e.g. ELLA, Mix and Match, SHOP)
- Master’s Degree in Business, Urban Planning, Real Estate, Finance, Architecture, Engineering or other relevant field. Will consider bachelors degree with experience.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.