Salary Range: $115,200.00 to $138,240.00 Annually
L+M Development Partners (LMDP), an established affordable, mixed-income and market rate residential developer, builder, and property management company, has an excellent opportunity for a Manager of Compensation and Benefits. We are looking for the right person to become an integral member of our Human Resources team and lead the compensation and benefits function. This position reports to the SVP, Human Resources and is based in our Westchester County headquarters office
As Manager of Compensation and Benefits, you will build, implement, and oversee all aspects of salary, benefits, and bonus structures across the entire organization. In this role you are the premier subject matter expert providing guidance to support our pay practices.
We are looking for both a strategic leader and hands-on contributor who is passionate about developing and deploying a comprehensive compensation strategy that includes base pay, equity, and short-term and long-term incentives. This position is highly strategic but includes tactical application and day-to-day administration of the compensation and benefits function.
Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for ensuring that company compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with federal, state, and local compensation laws and regulations.
- Revise, design and implement compensation packages, bonus programs, salary structures, variable pay and other incentive programs that align with the company’s strategic plan and competitive practices.
- Manage the annual organizational salary planning process (including merit increases, promotions, equity, etc). Prepare relevant budgets, reports, and presentations to support the process.
- Partner with leaders and HR team colleagues on the management of job family hierarchies, including policies and practices related to titles, compensation level matching, and associated pay practices.
- Oversee the participation in salary surveys including benchmarking of internal roles and submission of data. Monitor survey data to ensure corporate compensation objectives are achieved.
- Consult with leaders and HR team on business needs and compensation challenges.
- Review and process all promotions, job scope changes, and transfers.
- Partner with leaders and HR team colleagues to craft offer packages that are internally equitable and externally competitive.
- Routinely audit existing employee compensation to ensure equity and market competitiveness.
- Deliver compelling and relevant training and communication materials which educate and inform employees on total rewards
- Work in partnership with SVPHR, brokers, external vendors, and consultants to ensure the company is positioned competitively and stays current on trends/changes in the industry.
- Evaluate and develop competitive and cost-efficient benefit and wellness programs that will assist with employee retention and attract top talent.
- Manage annual open enrollment process, including employee communications and coordination of employee informational sessions.
- Review and ensure that all relevant enrollments and deductions are input correctly into the HRIS and payroll system.
- Partner with payroll manager on administration of the 401k plan.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a related field. Master’s Degree and/or Certified Compensation Professional designation strongly preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of compensation and benefit programs with a minimum of 7-10 years of experience in analysis, design, and implementation of compensation and benefit programs.
- Must be an expert in compensation strategy with a demonstrated ability to communicate, present, and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of an organization.
- Knowledge of legislation governing benefit plans (ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, PPACA)
- Advanced critical thinking, strong analytical skills and an ability to interpret and communicate data required.
- Financial ability to identify and implement cost-effective programs.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft products, including Excel.
- Hands-on experience with HRIS or payroll software systems, ADP WorkForceNow is a plus.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to plan and set priorities.
- Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion is a must.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.