Part of L+M’s mission is to strengthen the neighborhoods where we work, and last year L+M supported 47 incredible organizations committed to that same mission. This group of diverse and dedicated non-profits organizations formed the L+M 2019 Grantee Cohort and worked throughout the year to strengthen and improve their communities in the areas of Education and Youth Development, Workforce Development, and Health and Well-Being.
In 2019, some of community partners and our grantees’ accomplishments included:
- Growing and distributing more than 12,000 pounds of food
- Serving more than 2,600 students who participated in a range of programs including summer camps, debate programs and sports.
- Providing more than 1,400 hours of internship and enrichment programming
- Served 350 children across 12 afterschool programs
- Hosting financial literacy workshops for 326 participants
- Delivering more than 300 hours of job training sessions for over 500 participants
- Providing more than 250 hours of college prep to over 1,200 students
- Delivering more than 250 health and nutrition workshops
- Providing 243 individual financial counseling sessions
- Making more than 450 job placements
- Helping 115 individuals with tax preparation services
Thank you for all your efforts in 2019, Grantees! We look forward to sharing the 2020 Grantees with you soon!